Sound Mental Health (SMH), a leader in non-profit behavioral health services, is seeking an experienced and exceptional individual to lead our Development efforts. As a member of the Executive Leadership, the Chief Development Officer (CDO) participates in the development and implementation of the corporate strategy and ensures that SMH employs the most appropriate, effective and mission-enabling methods to achieve development initiatives.
The ideal candidate views all development efforts in terms of their ability to enable and enhance SMH’s mission. S/he will want to thoroughly embrace SMH’s mission, blend well with its culture and help it transform from the traditional non-profit operational model to one more conducive to growth and commercial opportunity. SMH believes development will be instrumental in achieving that transformation.
The CDO will own the development initiatives and activities. S/he will orchestrate the longer term transition to a comprehensive development program that includes planned giving, individual and corporate giving, annual campaign, foundation and governmental grants, capital campaigns, etc. S/he will manage a budget and also must be an effective manager of staff personnel. The CDO will report directly to the President & CEO.
- Work with the Executive Leadership Team to develop and implement the corporate business strategy
- Work with the Executive Leadership Team and particularly the Chief Financial Officer(CFO) to develop and maintain annual budgets
- Work with the Executive Leadership Team and particularly the Chief People Officer (CPO) to ensure adequate and effective staffing of the development division
- Organize and manage the personnel in the development division
- Develop the career of the personnel in the development division, striving for high employee engagement and satisfaction
- Create and implement a successful, comprehensive Development Plan which includes planned giving, individual and corporate giving, annual campaign, foundation and governmental grants and capital campaigns
- Help establish performance metrics and monitor results to evaluate the effectiveness of the development program
- Identify, cultivate, recruit and develop fundraising volunteers and leadership
- Assure development and writing of foundation, corporate and government proposals and solicitation materials
- Coordinate prospect research
- Facilitate design and implementation of cultivation, acknowledgement and recognition programs
- Minimum of 7 years fundraising experience in a professional position
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Certified Fund Raising Professional (CFRE)
- Experience in healthcare industry preferred
- Strong relationship skills
- Data and results driven
- Strong project management skills showing an ability to effectively manage a diverse team
- Experience with budgets and basic financial management
- Exceptional writing skills
Join us as we support Sound Mental Health’s mission to strengthen our community and improve the lives of our clients by delivering excellent health and human services tailored to meet their needs.
Excellent benefit package to include health insurance premiums 100% paid for employee and their children thru age 25, health savings account with employer contribution, life insurance, long term disability insurance, generous vacation leave benefit, 401(k) plan, Section 125 plan, Employee Assistance Plan, and training/education benefit.
Visit us at www.smh.org to learn more about who we are.
To be considered for the position, submit letter of interest, resume and salary history or salary requirements. This recruitment is open until filled. Sound Mental Health reserves the right and may exercise the option to make a hiring decision at any time.
SOUND MENTAL HEALTH
Karen Ainley, Vice President & Chief People Officer
1600 E. Olive St., Seattle, WA 98122
SMH is an EEO/AA employer