Sound Mental Health is seeking an Emergency Management (EM) Specialist to join our team! Sound Mental Health is a non-profit leader in behavioral health services and has been a vital community resource since 1966. SMH provides comprehensive mental health, substance abuse and behavioral health services throughout King County. Our mission is to strengthen our community and improve the lives of our clients by delivering excellent health and human services tailored to meet their needs.
The EM Specialist brings expertise in the field of emergency management, training and exercise design. Under the direction of the Safety and Emergency Manager, the EM Specialist assists in planning, organizing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the EM Program. The individual in this position will aid in providing direction during disaster/emergency situations. The EM Specialist interacts with community partners, law enforcement and other healthcare providers in coordinating SMH’s response to disasters and emergency situations.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees including Medical & Dental Insurance (Premium 100% paid by SMH for employee coverage and child until the child’s 26th birthday), paid Vacation, Holidays, Life/LTD Insurance, and 401k.
- De-escalate crisis situations, think quickly, and abide within agency policies and protocols for crises and emergencies.
- Keep up with new developments in emergency management and healthcare.
- Foster a culture of safety with a whole community and all-hazards approach.
- Build strong relationships with staff at all levels.
- Maintain ethical and competent client and peer relationships in the delivery of service.
- Relate to others in a professional manner, respecting individual and cultural differences.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and county laws and regulations, SMH policies and procedures and all safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Emergency Management, Emergency Preparedness or related field required.
- Three years of professional experience in adult emergency management required.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, or experience may substitute.
- Experience working in an emergency management, safety, healthcare and/or hospital environment is preferred.
Salary = $54,040 annual
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound Mental Health, Attn: Jenniffer Brown, Job #17-049, 1600 E. Olive St., Seattle, WA 98122, or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to