Full time position with full time benefits (Tukwila). The Leasing Agent is responsible for occupancy, collections and resident, internal and external customer service while assisting the Housing Department Manager in overseeing the overall operations of Sound Housing. Sound Housing Leasing Agent ensures compliance with all applicable housing, regulatory agencies and federal, state, and local laws; and maintains acceptable and supportive environment for all residents. This position requires unmatched customer service, performed in a customer-centric, fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for rent collection, specifically with delinquent residents. This may involve lease termination and legal action if necessary.
- Collect and record rents and deposits and ensure safety of money collected in property management database.
- Ensure the highest levels of occupancy (98% occupancy rate).
- Interview prospective tenants and record information to ascertain needs and qualifications.
- Inspect apartments during move-in and move-outs; walk through apartments and the properties routinely.
- Show available apartments.
- Know competition and the market area, and be aware of current advertising and market programs for the apartment community, utilizing this knowledge to achieve high success rate.
- Strive for good resident/management relations to retain residents.
- Complete all documents required for resident and property files; maintain leasing records (hard copy, electronic copy and upload to property management database).
- Perform administrative duties which involve operating office equipment, composing letters, posting rents, communicating on the phone, and completing data entry for all fees, deposits and new lease information; and assist with credit and background checks for prospective residents.
- Routinely work on-site at various properties, especially where there are offices available.
- Conduct move-in orientation for new residents.
- Working knowledge of HUD compliance for 202/8, PRAC 811 and Tax Credit properties.
- Address the concerns of current and prospective residents in a friendly and professional manner; respond quickly and appropriately to emergencies.
- Anticipate resident needs and maintain a positive, will-do attitude.
- Assist in managing Sound Housing budget by making sound fiscal decisions to increase the net operating income.
- Comply with the Fair Housing Laws.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with the ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office products (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a team.
- Comfort in relating to child and adult clients, and the ability to relate easily and positively to individuals from varying educational, professional, and economic backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively supporting a number of treatment teams.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and the ability to multi-task while dealing with unexpected deadlines.
- Maintenance of high standards for accuracy, productivity, and confidentiality.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalency certificate
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum three years’ previous related work experience in property management, on-site residential management or leasing agent.
- Experience managing Tax Credit & HUD properties with knowledge of clean and sober housing is preferred.
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound Mental Health, Attn: James Hill and Alexis Owens, Job #17-184, 6400 Southcenter Blvd. Tukwila, WA 98188, or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to or