This is a full time position with full benefits (Seattle). The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for the overall maintenance and repair activities for the organization facilities and offices. Assist the Facilities Manager in daily operations and completion of work orders and projects. Coordinate preventive maintenance tasks and out-source services related to SMH facilities when deemed necessary by Facilities Management.
- Perform a variety of tasks in the following skills areas:
- Carpentry (ranging from rough framing to finished work);
- Plumbing, installation and repair work, clogs, drains, faucets and p-traps
- Roofing, installation and repair;
- Window installation and repair;
- Masonry construction and repair;
- Painting interior and exterior;
- Sheet rock installation and finishing.
- Moving of office equipment and furniture;
- Various building and equipment repair and refurbishment;
- Electrical work (e.g. changing light bulbs, replacing face plates, switches and starters);
- Filter and drive system maintenance;
- Maintaining and overseeing the care of grounds;
- Perform systems maintenance as directed;
- Plan and perform preventative tasks.
- Plan each project in conjunction with the Facilities Manager or his/her designee as appropriate.
- Select and use proper tools in a safe and responsible manner.
- Maintain tool inventory and supplies in good order.
- Read and follow blueprints (blueprints, diagrams, schematics, instructions) in performance of job duties.
- Coordinate work orders and activities appropriately to ensure other SMH programs’ functions are not disrupted or interrupted by maintenance staff activities whenever possible.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and county laws and regulations, and SMH policies and procedures.
- Perform all job duties in accordance with OSHA and company-designated safety and health regulations.
- Possess good working knowledge of construction, electrical, mechanical, painting and plumbing skills, general safety and life safety systems and practices related to facilities maintenance operations.
- Working knowledge in operations of building equipment, systems and tools is required.
- HS graduate/GED, and experience in facilities maintenance, preventative maintenance and restoration/repair/service is required.
- 2+ years and demonstrated ability for Maintenance Tech I; or
- 4+ years and demonstrated ability for Maintenance Tech II; or
- 5+ years and demonstrated ability for Maintenance Tech III
- Must pass a criminal background check. Washington State Driver’s License and good driving record required.
Salary = DOQ
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound Mental Health, Attn: James Hill or Alexis Owens, Job #17-092, 1600 E. Olive St., Seattle, WA 98122, or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to or