Full time position with full time benefits (Tukwila). The Director, Information Technology is responsible for development and support of SMH’s technology systems, to include network, server, help desk, support, hardware and technology security. The Director, Information Technology will provide essential leadership to assist the organization in achieving success in these areas. Participate in technical research and development to enable continued service growth, performance and stability within the infrastructure. Manage and provide direct supervision to the staff in the Technology Support Services Department. Provide necessary reporting information to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Provide direct supervision of the IT Department staff and consultants.
- Directs professional development, team building and coaching programs for department staff
- Performs staff reviews, payroll recommendations, conducts interviews and makes recommendations for new hires or terminations
- Provide for the ongoing design, implementation and management of the organization’s IT network and related systems, such as hardware, peripherals, storage, etc.
- Provide for the overall security of all IT systems in the organization.
- Coordinate and support all of the organization’s telecommunication systems – including land based and wireless communications.
- Provide for the ongoing evaluation of the overall IT network system, performing daily system and network monitoring, verifying the integrity of all systems, resources, and key applications.
- In conjunction with the IT Project Manager produces detailed project plans and timelines and responsible for ensuring project success on time, and on budget.
- Own network/help desk support structure and meet Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure daily data back-up occurs, ensuring all files and servers are successfully backed up, and verify restores as policy dictates.
- Provide and/or coordinate the IT support necessary for all organizational departments to effectively use necessary IT resources.
- Develop and maintain an accurate inventory of all company IT equipment.
- Participates on all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor/contractor relationships.
- Coordinate IT development related projects, including IT system upgrades.
- Perform an ongoing analysis of the agency’s use of IT resources and assist in ensuring accountability for maximum use of these resources at all agency levels.
- Assist the CTO in the development and implementation of the agency’s overall IT policies and practices, in accordance with company policy and industry best practices.
- Contribute to, and maintain, system standards.
- In coordination with the CTO, ensure that accepted IT principles and practices are utilized in the organization, and that all appropriate county, state, and federal financial IT regulations are met.
- Develop and recommend IT policies and operating practices for the organization to the CTO.
- Participate with the CTO in the development, monitoring and evaluation of the department’s annual budget.
- Facilitate communication between staff, management, vendors, contractors and other resources.
- Relate to others in a professional manner, respectful of individual and cultural differences.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and county laws and regulations, SMH policies and procedures and all safety regulations.
- Perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- Directly supervises employees in the program, and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include supervision, interviewing, participation in hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Familiarity with server computer and network hardware.
- Familiarity with local and wide area network design, implementation, and operation.
- Familiarity with SaaS, Cloud, and distributed systems architectures.
- Executes and provides system security, data backups, and recovery testing.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work evenings and/or weekends as needed.
- Self-motivator able to work with minimal supervision, independent, cooperative.
- Experience creating and managing VMware virtual environment.
- Experience maintaining SQL server.
- Strong knowledge of networking and security concepts as they apply to HIPAA.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 R2 is a must.
- In-depth knowledge of Windows servers including; AD, Exchange, RDS, and MS SQL.
- Strong background in backup and restore systems, Veeam is a plus.
- Experience in network administration with Windows services; to include knowledge of TCP/IP, network security, antivirus and anti-spam techniques.
- VMware, Cisco and Microsoft certifications are a plus.
- ITIL – Information Technology Service Management.
- Knowledge of best practices and lessons learned from.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Minimum of five years of experience with increasing responsibilities in support of information technology, at least four of which are directly in systems administration.
- The position requires a strong and diverse knowledge base and proven experience in multiple areas of IT management.
- Experience in a health care setting is desirable, but not required.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
Salary = DOQ
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound Mental Health, Attn: Josh Nelson or Alexis Owens, Job #17-183, 6400 Southcenter Blvd. Tukwila, WA 98188, or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to or