The incumbent will receive administrative supervision from the manager of each program to which the incumbent is assigned. The position will be supervised by the Chief Medical Officer.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees including Medical & Dental Insurance: Premium 100% paid by SMH for employee coverage and child until the child’s 26th birthday, 401K, 3 weeks of Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Life Insurance.
- Perform comprehensive evaluations of assigned patients for the purpose of determining a differential, psychiatric diagnosis and biopsychosocial case formulation.
- Direction and/or participation in the treatment process for all patients under his/her care.
- Assess patients for psychiatric/psychotropic medication necessity.
- Prescribe psychotropic medication related to psychiatric concerns.
- Order all appropriate laboratory tests to assist in determining a differential diagnosis and to monitor the safety of prescribed medications.
- Consult with other internal and external providers on a shared patient’s treatment and treatment plan.
- Review for appropriateness and sign or assist in determining alternatives to all internal agency and external documents that require physician signature and pertain to patient treatment and welfare.
- Attend and participate in medical staff meetings, as required.
- Psychiatrists should be well versed and updated in psychopharmacology
- An understanding of a broad spectrum of psychotherapeutic models would be advantageous, particularly those associated with short-term, or solution focused approaches.
- Skill in working with multidisciplinary teams is also desirable.
- Must have a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy degree.
- Completion of accredited psychiatrIc residency.
- Submit and maintain a current Medical Practice License for Washington State and applicable DEA for WA State
- The ability to be reimbursed for services by Medicare and Medicaid is required.
Salary = DOQ
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound Mental Health, Attn: Mary Bartels or Alexis Owens, Job #17-086B, 1600 E. Olive St., Seattle, WA 98122, or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to or