Full or part-time psychiatrist position available at Sound Mental Health, a community behavioral health center serving adults, older adults, children, adolescents, deaf individuals, individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, individuals with substance use disorders and forensic populations in Seattle and surrounding areas. We offer strengths-based, recovery oriented, evidence-based, multidisciplinary treatment to chronically mentally ill clients in a variety of settings. Opportunities to supervise medical, nurse-practitioner and PA students are available. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical and dental insurance (premium paid 100% for full-time employee plus children up to age 26), 401K, 3 weeks of vacation, paid holidays, paid conference days, life insurance and up to a $1500 signing bonus.
- Provide psychiatric services through comprehensive diagnostic evaluation and treatment of clients.
- Prescribe and monitor appropriate psychotropic medications.
- Provide consultation to non-medical staff and participate in multidisciplinary treatment team meetings.
- Coordinate with program managers to facilitate integration of medical issues into overall treatment planning.
- Screen clients for concurrent non-psychiatric medical conditions and refer for appropriate care.
- Participate in program development as assigned by the Chief Medical Officer.
- BC/BE Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy
- Valid Washington medical license and DEA
- Ability to be reimbursed for services by Medicare and Medicaid
- Completion of accredited general psychiatry residency or accredited child and adolescent psychiatry.
- Previous experience prescribing psychotropic medications desired, preferably in community behavioral health setting.
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound Mental Health, Attn: Mary Bartels or Alexis Owens, Job #17-197, 6400 Southcenter Blvd, Tukwila WA 98188, or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to or