Sound Mental Health is seeking an RN-Nursing Services to join our team! Sound Mental Health is a non-profit leader in behavioral health services and has been a vital community resource since 1966. SMH provides comprehensive mental health, substance abuse and behavioral health services throughout King County. Our mission is to strengthen our community and improve the lives of our clients by delivering excellent health and human services tailored to meet their needs.
The RN-Nursing Services participates in a multi-disciplinary team and will have primary responsibility for assessment and delivery of quality nursing care, in residential and/or outpatient setting. Evaluate clients’ health care needs, monitor and/or administer medications, coordinate and track medical issues for clients, refer/accompany clients to appropriate medical resources within and outside the agency. May provide active outreach to client’s place of resident. The position reports primarily to the Nursing Coordinator and may have additional reporting to clinical program manager of the program nurse is serving.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees including Medical & Dental Insurance (Premium 100% paid by SMH for employee coverage and child until the child’s 26th birthday), paid Vacation, Holidays, Life/LTD Insurance, and 401k.
- Observe, assess, record and communicate clients’ behavior.
- Perform and document physical assessments as needed, per nursing protocols.
- Perform and document physical assessments as directed during emergency situations.
- Development of consumer assessment and treatment plans as related to medical needs or as indicated.
- Monitor and/or administer all prescribed medical treatment, including medications.
- Promptly identify medication side effects and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Provide training for clients and staff regarding the use and effects of psychotropic medications.
- Participate in collection, processing and documentation of laboratory specimens as needed.
- Communicate with pharmacies to obtain prescribed medications.
- Maintain clean and well-stocked nursing area.
- Schedule and participate in ongoing consumer medication reviews.
- Prepare and incorporate necessary reports, summaries and progress notes into client charts as part of clinical record.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- A valid Washington State license as Registered Nurse.
- WA state driver’s license, be insurable and have access to a motor vehicle.
- Demonstrated knowledge of psychotropic medications.
- Motivated to develop expertise in serving persons with mental illness.
- Previous experience working with mentally ill individuals preferred.
Salary = DOQ.
Send letter of interest, resume and salary history to: Sound Mental Health, Attn: Cecile Leano, Job #17-047, 1600 E. Olive St., Seattle, WA 98122, or fax to (206) 302-2210, or e-mail to